Join us May 20th, 2017 for the International Biscuit Festival in Knoxville, TN!
International Biscuit Festival 2016 Results:
- Matt Sandbank was named Grand Champion of the Southern Biscuit Flour Biscuit Baking Contest. His Caraway Biscuits won over eleven other competitors and topped the Sweet category competition.
- The other category winners were Maisie Styles in the student category, Paige Sandbank in the savory category, and Felice Bogus in the special category.
- Marble City Kitchen was named the People's Choice Award winner in Biscuit Boulevard tasting area, sponsored by Clayton Bank and Trust. Festival goers couldn't get enough of The Bourbon and Blue Biscuit creation.
- The Runners Up for the award were Deep South Biscuit Company & Alex Belew Catering. Best Biscuit Name went to Primo for “Boss Hog” & “The Gambino.”
- The Critic's Choice Award went to Deep South Biscuit Co of Atlana, GA.
- The Last Biscuit Standing went to Alex Belew Catering of Nashville, TN.
- The Best Biscuit Booth Award was given to Blue Coast Bar & Grill.
- In other Biscuit news, the winner of the Miss or Mr. Biscuit Pageant was Hayden Brackeen.
- Griffin Cavendar Vann was the winner of the Biscuit Songwriting Competition, held on the South Knox Studio Flatbed Music Stage. Her winning tune was “Kitchen.”
Who has the best biscuit in every state? Keep up weekly with our 50 States of Biscuits project sponsored by Travel Channel!
The International Biscuit Festival has joined with a select group of partners committed to growing the Festival into one of the premier food events in the nation. Check out our major supporters here. After all, who doesn't love a good Biscuit?!
Do you love Biscuits and all their related bits and bobs? Check out our Biscuit Bazaar and Biscuit Boulevard, where the best Biscuit Bakers (and their friends) come together to tantalize your tastebuds. From jam to cheese to Benton's Bacon, we'll have it all!
No festival is complete without a full roster of events, and the Biscuit Festival prides itself on being on the best. Between the Miss or Mister Biscuit Pageant to Biscuit Songs and the Biscuit Baking Contest, get your details here.